Sunday, June 12, 2016

THIS WEEK WAS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lo'u aiga!

Okaoka!!! THIS WEEK!!!

WE HAVE A BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silivelia Asiata!! She is 71 years old!! She is visiting her recently converted family (Sa'u family... Sister Taituuga baptized them in her time in Manurewa 2nd) from Samoa!! She goes to church with them every week and asked us to give her lessons!! We have taught her every day since then!! After the second lesson, Sister Puaina asked her "will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" and she gave a really long complicated answer... I thought she was expressing a concern or a question or something...  Puaina asked "will you be baptized by someone holding the priesthood by authority of god?" and she gave another long complicated answer... Puaina then asked it again but relating to the celestial kingdom... and we received another long complicated answer..

I was trying to figure out what her concern was... from what she was saying she didn't have one... so why was it so hard to answer the question??

Puaina and I looked at each other and I shrugged my shoulders... Puaina turned back to her and said the Samoan equivalent of "look... d

o you want to be baptized?"
Silivelia immediately answered "yes!" and then we said "great let's set a date!!"

We were laughing so hard afterwards!!!! Sometimes we make things too fluffy and complicated and we just need to cut down to the core and go from there!!

No rest for the weary for us today! We were hoping to take a nap for our p-day  (we are such exciting missionaries huh? ðŸ˜´) But instead we have two appointments!! One with Silivelia (we are teaching her word of wisdom... she drinks coffee... this will be the hardest one for her I think..) and a lesson with one of our new investigators!!

More good news ! I got the virus off my memory card for my camera!! YAY!! Bad news... it deleted half my pictures that I had taken after I got the virus... Boo!
But all goods! I can send pictures now!! Yay!!

Here's a picture of Sister Puaina playing with my hair last night...

Love you all so much!!! If you're stuck in a rut always remember that that means Satan is trying to prevent you from receiving the next great gift Heavenly Father has waiting for you!!! And that after you have a spiritual high, Satan always tries his best to discourage you!! Don't let him win!! Everything is in our favor to win... all we need is faith!!

Manuia le vaiaso!!
Alofa tele atu,
Sista Peo

No comments:

Post a Comment