Sunday, November 15, 2015

Valea

Tagata,

Thank you for your concern concerning my fleas (bedbugs?)!! We sprayed and washed everything!! All seems well... we will have to see if they are just lulling me into a false sense of security so they can kill me in one fell swoop OR if they are truly gone ;) I will keep you posted!!

We had exchanges this week!1 I STAYED in my area with our sister Training leader, Sister Boligor, she is Filipino and 4'10" so we probably looked really funny walking around!! She is in the palagi program!! Ya Thursday was interesting trying to teach and converse by myself in Samoan... I did okay though I think! Everyone took sympathy on us and tried to speak English, then asked me every ten minutes when Sista Taituuga was coming back!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

We have another set for the 28th!! Lol!!! A family we are Re activating has an almost 9 year old daughter who will be baptised on the 28th with Caroline!! 

The work is so strange!! Our investigators are struggling and a couple are progressing but SUPER slowly. But people keep falling out of the sky for us to baptize ;) not really but we are kind of blindsided by them. I wish our other investigators would progress though!!! Everyone has there agency...

Yesterday after we blew through half of our plans in half an hour we saw a short cut that we thought would lead to our next appointment, so we took it! LOL!! NOPE!! It took us to the botanical gardens!!! LOL!! it was cool though!! 

Some fun things I don't think I told you:

My church building shares the parking lot with the Aukland MTC! man it's tiny!!! Only 50 people in there right now! I'm so glad i went to the Provo MTC ;)

Sister Taituuga sends her love!!

Alofa Tele atu,
Sista Peo

P.s. It is pouring rain right now and my hair is not to be contained ;)

*Extra questions Jeff asked her this week that I thought I'd include*
1- how many discussions do you teach in a week?
2- are they always in Samoan?  if no, how many in English vs Samoan.
3- you haven't mentioned struggling with the language lately.  I'm sure it is still hard.  how is it coming along?
4- how many Samoan speaking sisters are there in the mission?
5 - is the ward conducted in Samoan?

1- this week we had 12 other lessons and 18 LAC lessons  and 8 member present
2- No, it depends on who we visit. for example Caroline our baptism doesn't speak Samoan, but she understands it. Her family speaks Samoan and she is attending Alema which (my) Samoan ward. So we teach her in English so she can for sure understand completely. there are other people we visit that are fia-palagi (want to be white) and will only speak to us in english. Right now i would say half our lessons are English (just because of how many lessons we are having with Caroline ;))
3- I am awful at Samoan. I can hardly understand anyone. BUT I am working hard and trying not to get discouraged! :)
4-Right now there are only 3 sets in the mission. Lots of people were called to the program apparently but requested to be moved out because they were struggling too much with the language.
5- Yup all of my meetings are in Samoan. Primary and YW are in English so when we have taught those we speak English but aualofa (relief society), gospel doctrines, and sacrament meeting is all in Samoan!!




 All the sisters in my zone (Sister tai, fifita, green, boligor, davison, me) (yes i'm fat..:(


 Sister Taituuga straightened my hair a few days ago.. (I immediately put it in a ponytail after this)



 pine trees in NZ




weird birds

No comments:

Post a Comment